they were gifts from my mom when she was a jeweler back in the day - precious stones, diamonds, & gold. i wish i knew the beauty of gold and didn't have eyes only for her silver collections! these accompanied my outfit for a recent wedding i attended. since my über talented hubby was hired to be the photographer, i am left with this sad post-4-glasses-of-wine-crazy-hair-no-makeup photo.![]() |
| congrats nate & grace! |
the only problem is that gold is quite pricey these days. i wonder how i can find unique pieces without breaking my piggy bank...?


hit the antique shops! I went antiquing with a friend and found a fabulous vintage art deco gold piece! I got it checked out by a respectable jeweler here and it's authentic! And for $25 bucks!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand. I remember going through my mom's and grandmother's collection and thinking everything was so ugly! I gotta go through it again with fresh eyes!
ReplyDelete@trulysmitten: ooh! i didn't think of antique shops - thanks! you found such a great deal!
ReplyDelete@sunny: hope you find sparkly things! :)
I was browsing around and came across your site. I absolutely adore classic jewelry! Those pieces are beautiful and I'd love to find pieces like that as well that wouldn't break my bank. Btw, love your site your child is absolutely adorable :) I'll definitely be back. I love reading up on other mommies :)
ReplyDelete