Tuesday, March 13, 2012

what girls do best - shop

hubby has been busy working.  that means more mommy and kaila time!  i keep saying girls rule to k, but she still thinks daddy is a girl.  oh well.  having a girl leads to lots of shopping for the ridiculously cute clothes.  i made a rule to myself to try to buy things only on sale and NEVER go over $30 on an item.  ...then came DVF for Gap.  i had no idea how expensive the collection would be!  i went to a preview sale today (collection debuts 5/15) and the peer pressure got to me.  all these moms grabbing dresses left and right - i felt like i had to keep up!  even though they kept restocking right behind us. haha.

{iPhone pics}  
on k - navy ruffle dress, lavendar cardigan, navy/silver tights: crewcuts, boots: borrowed (old navy)
this is kaila's "smile" courtesy of hubby's chandler-esque smiles.

proof i turned into a nightmare mommy shopper.

hmph.  too bad most of the gorgeous dresses i got will have to be returned.  still contemplating what to keep and be guilt free...

3 comments:

  1. TOO cute :)
    I feel the same way about getting kid's clothes~~ now I'm forced to NOT shop since I don't go around much. See you Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister found a bunch of DVF stuff for O1 at Gap's 40% off sale. But did you find that the fit is very odd? O1 is so petite and I had to put her in the 5T bc I'm not a fan of her sportin daisy dukes at age 4. But even in the bigger size, everything was still weird and short! what did you you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I returned everything. I saw the 40% off already discounted prices and re-bought a few things. I couldn't reason keeping anything at full price. But the fit is definitely weird. Her 3 dresses I bought were too big but that's a good thing right? But they are cute!! :)

      Delete