Thursday, October 28, 2010

thursday journal...

how do you working mommies do it??
i am definitely struggling again balancing work & mommyhood.
and i ended up taking a solo walk around our neighborhood in the 40 degree weather this evening with tears rolling down my cheeks.
this week has been tough - kaila spiked a fever sunday night, and was getting worse.
a husky cough turned into a full-blown bronchitis with junky coughs, runny nose, and squeaky breaths...and lots of miserable crying with sleepless nights.
people always say to me, "you're a doctor, you're so lucky because you'll know what to do."
but the truth is, i don't.
all the medical info i learned on pediatric medicine is pretty much thrown out the window.
i'm like every other mommy who gets anxious, scared, and saddened by their kids' illness.
and my selfishness got the best of me this week because she didn't find comfort with mommy like she used to.  but i don't blame her - i would be more attached to daddy if i only saw a tired mommy a few times a week for a few hours at a time.
to be honest, i am drained - emotionally, physically, and mentally.
and i have friday to look forward to - a day without seeing my sweet kaila.
i'm sure you are thinking, "snap out of it!" - and i will try!
thanks for listening.

4 comments:

  1. JANNY!!!! i almost teared for you... i'm so sorry she's sick... i'll pray for her to get better... and for you too... feel better, dr mommy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sad Janny...I'm tearing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janny..I almost started crying reading this. I know how you feel. I remember feeling like this when I was teaching too. It's okay...just remember that it will get better once you're out of residency! You can do it!!! Fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always in my thoughts... it's hard... and I don't even have a child!!! You are a strong strong person and you'll get through this. Kaila is so lucky to have a devoted umma like you. Remember all that you do is to build a better world and future for Kaila!

    ReplyDelete